iPhone 3GS Died in Belkin TuneBase - What can I expect at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RetroGamer360, Aug 29, 2009.

1. RetroGamer360 macrumors member

I get a MacBook Pro and now it looks like my iPhone 3GS just died.

I was listening to the Joystiq podcast in the car using a Belkin TuneBase. When I shut the car off the iPhone's screen went black and a loud buzz played through the car. I have since been unable to restart the iPhone using the Power/Home combination or via docking and restarting the host computer. I have now resigned my-self to accepting that she is dead ... probably shorted out by the Belkin when I turned the car off.

I have an appointment at the local Apple Genius Bar tomorrow to have them look at the phone. My question is will they give me a replacement right away or will the send it out for repair? What options do I have to avoid being without my phone?

Thanks,

Michael

2. teaguecole macrumors member

To be sure they give you a replacement that day, I would just tell them that one day your iPhone just died, just so they can't say something stupid like "Since Belkin is responsible for your iPhone's problem, we can't replace it" or something ridiculous like that. However, my few experiences with getting my iPhone replaced have been great and very understanding. I have done it at least 3 or 4 times and there was never any questions. They just make restore the phone and make sure the problem is consistent. I guess it really depends on the mood of the guy who at the genius bar.

3. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

My iphone 3gs just died and it was not long after using my tunebase.

Apple replaced it for me no questions (I didn't mention the belkin)

4. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I agree, put the belkin issue behind you and just tell apple that one day it just didn't turn back on. They might fondle it a bit and then just pull out a replacement.

5. kismat1970 macrumors newbie

Hey same thing happend to me last week.
    My phone was on the Belkin Tunbase in my car and I was making a telephone call via bluetooth. After about 20mins the phone went dead.
    The back of the phone was very hot and it would not turn back on.

I have a genius appointment in a couple of days and hope to get a replacement. I wont mention it has been Jail Broken - hopfully since it does not turn on they will not be able to tell.

Then this morning the Belkin Tunbase has stopped working all together!!

SOmething def. going on with the Belkin Tunbase and iPhone 3GS. Been using it for ages with my old £G and never a problem....

Bil