iPhone 3GS dip in battery over night?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MythicFrost, Feb 7, 2010.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

It's no big deal, but I put my iPhone to sleep, at 97% battery charge, and I woke up with 80%... is that normal or is it doing stuff during the night that it shouldn't be, or doesn't have to be?
    I've got everything turned on except Fetch which is set to manual.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It depends on your settings, do you have apps that push, etc.
    It is possible depending upon what you've got going on there.

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Yeah, I turned Fetch off because it vibrates when mail comes in and that would go all night, so that's not the problem.
    Push notifications could be it? I don't know, I do have apps that push, IE FaceBook etc... only one or two though.

I've pretty much got everything turned on that can be turned on, could push notifications (even if there are very few) drain the battery like that?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

That does seem like a pretty big drop. Are you jailbroken? Are you on 3.1.3?

I actually tested this last night. I went to sleep with my iPhone at 100% and woke up with it at 95%. I was testing this because I was having major battery problems with my jailbroken iPhone, among other things, so I restored it. Ever since I restored my iPhone and set it up "as a new phone" I have been really impressed with the performance of the phone. I don't think I'm gonna go back to a jailbroken phone again.

6. dr.george macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue.

Can a bad signal drain my batttery over night from 45% to 0% (turned off) ?

Its a 3gs, two months old.
    Push off
    Fetch hourly
    Wifi off
    BT off