iPhone 3gs dirt under screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Robbie85202, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Robbie85202 macrumors newbie

Will apple replace my iPhone of it has two peaces of dirt under the screen? Also, will the replace te same iPhone If I have a bruised spot on it? I had a switcheasy capsule rebel on my phone and it slid put of my pocket and landed under my lazy boy recliner, I got it and it peirced my case but did no damage to the back of the phone, but when the phones on has white on the screen in general area where the pressure was, is like grey, I can describe it as a bruise. Will they replace that? It's only noticable with the phone turned on, so could I just give them the phone turned off and swap out phones?
    Will they give me a new phone or just replace the screen?
    Thanks!:)

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes they will without any issues what so ever.

3. Robbie85202 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will they replace the screen or give me a brand new phone?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Robbie85202 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will the refurb have scratches on the back and ****? My phone is in prestine condition, and would HATE to have a phone with scratches on the back.

6. jp70 macrumors member

Refurb

If it was just the dirt under the screen they'd replace the screen. Takes about 15 mins, as long as they had the screen in stock. But with the "bruise" you describe I'd say they'd replace with a refurb. If you're a JBer...it'll probably have the latest bootrom version.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt it. You shouldnt be able to tell the difference between a refurb and a brand new, out of the box unit. Make sure you inspect it good before you walk out to make sure is in great functioning condition.

8. jp70 macrumors member

Excellent point. I had my screen replaced for the second time...a bad seal. So instead they gave me a refurb. However the refurb they gave me had a pit on the screen. They promptly gave me another one which was in perfect condition.