iPhone 3GS displayed text message full screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davejay00, Dec 5, 2011.

1. davejay00 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

This may seem a silly question but I have not been able to sleep thinking about why my phone did this.

I recieved 2 text messages I think and then another one and looked at my phone and the message was displayed white text on black background full screen (no carrier, wireless symbols or anything), with a green 'Dismiss' button at the bottom. I have iOS5.

Any ideas why it would do that and what it's for?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Dave

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Sounds like a instant text. Nokia phones is able to send these texts that only shows on the screen.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There were people reporting this elsewhere too, without a clear resolution aside from just restoring and setting the phone up as new. FWIW I have SMS all the way back to 2008 on my iPhone (which have been ported over via restored backups from my original iPhone and my 3GS onto my 4S). I guess some people text more than me, but as far as I know, unless your phone itself is full, you shouldn't have this problem.

4. davejay00 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am pretty sure it's not full as the capacity when I check is fine, assuming they are stored on the phone locally.

Also I have recieved texts since and they come through as normal notifications.

Dave