iPhone 3GS Dock Connector Cracks ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dilson123, May 28, 2010.

1. dilson123 macrumors newbie

Hi, i have had my white iPhone 16GB 3GS for about 4 months now and have noticed some cracks appearing near the dock and was wondering whether i should take it to an apple store as i have read online about these cracks being quite common? Any ideas what i should do?

The cracks:

[​IMG]

2. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

yep take it back, its covered under warranty for this.

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have a white one 3GS 32GB and I have no issues then again it has been tucked away in a Switcheasy case since day one, and I only take it out once a week to clean it.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php?color=skeleton

I also have a black rubber plug that comes with the case that blocks the charging and syncing port very good case.

Wicked1

5. rkswat macrumors regular

Wow really? I guess my black 3gs didn't get that memo seeing as I have 1 crack by my hp jack and 2 at the dock.

I would wait until the week before your one year is up and take it back then. That's what I plan on doing. Look close, I bet you have dust under your screen too.

6. kodek macrumors member

Same with my black 3GS. I went to the Apple store and got a replacement. I was having other issues too, so I don't know if they would have replaced it just cause of the crack, though.