iPhone 3GS. Don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billyjoegibsonx, Jul 25, 2009.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

Bought iPhone 3GS in white, obviously 16GB, 3 days after the launch. I have it on O2 UK PAYASYOUGO. One of the things i was glad about getting the 3GS was a better battery life. what was i thinking? It's worse than my old 3G!

before you ask:

- Wi/Fi is turned off. hardly used.
    - notifications OFF.
    - vibrate when on silent. ring only (no vibrate) when volume is on at 50-75%
    - brightness is between 15-20% with auto-brightness ON.
    - 1422 songs, 17 videos, 149 photos, 18 apps.
    - listen to music on long journeys or in bed before sleeping. occasionally watch videos and view pictures. use apps regularly.
    - gprs/edge always on, use 3g when needed.
    - bluetooth ALWAYS OFF.
    - location services only ON when needed.
    - auto-lock: 1 minute.
    - no push/fetch used or activated.
    - send about 100 texts a day.

that is my settings for general use. the thing is i have my phone fully charged for when i wake up 7-8am and phone is at 10-20% by 10-11pm that night.

is this normal? or should i take it back ?

always my reception is terrible. well i get 3G on full bars, but sometimes for no reason, all of a sudden my reception will disappear! it will cut off for hours, i have tried restarting iphone, ejecting sim card, restoring phone and changing cellular data settings, but none of this works and i just need to wait hours for it to come back on! its a real pain in the back side when i have payed £428 for this phone!

should i take it back for a replacement?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

After 12+ hours of decent use? Sounds about right to me.

3. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Have you talked to O2 about your network problem?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's your network problems that are messing up your battery life, FYI. Your battery is probably fine. Have you contacted your carrier to find out if there any issues with rececption where you are at? Anyway, if the reception is fine in your area, there's really nothing you can do that you haven't already done than to take it back.

5. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

That is about how much I get on my 3G S. Might be improved in an update. :eek::eek::eek: