iPhone 3GS, Downgraded to 3.1.3 from 4.0, need help hacktivating

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Xeon3D, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Xeon3D macrumors newbie

Hi.

I've been googling around, but I can't find a defenitive answer, so I thought you guys here can help me.

I got an iPhone 3GS 16GB with the following details:

Baseband: 05.13.04
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MC139 (I reckon it is T-Mobile Australia or Germany or Netherlands)
    Current OS installed: 3.1.3
    Previous OS installed: iOS 4.0.0
    Have SHSH Blobs for: 3.1.3, 4.0.0 and 4.0.1
    Don't have an original carrier sim card

Is there anyway to hacktivate it? I have access to a Mac and a Windows 7 machine.

Please refrain from answering just "yes" or "no" as that's basically what I've been getting from the webpages I found on the internet.

Many thanks for the time spent reading this (and hopefully answering!).

~Xeon3D

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Nope, the only jailbreak for you (as of now) is Spirit which requires activation before use.

If you had 3.1.2 hashes, you could get it JB and hacktivated.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can only hacktivate your phone if you can downgrade to iOS 3.1.2 or earlier. 3.1.3 patched the 24Kpwn exploit, which was the only way we had of jailbreaking the phone before activation. The only jailbreak that works on 3.1.3 is Spirit, which requires an activated phone.

You can activate it if you can obtain a official carrier SIM or a phonebook SIM.

4. Xeon3D thread starter macrumors newbie

Many many thanks for the quick answers.

I just have one more question. Since getting my hands on a compatible sim-card will take more time than (i hope) the time left for the new iOS4 JB that's supposedly coming out soon... I'm divided between getting one compatible simcard and waiting for the new jailbreak.

Will the new jailbreak (probably not the correct term) allow me to hacktivate without the need for a sim card, or will I always need one (provided I update again to 4.0.0) ?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Better borrow one or get on eBay. The new jailbreak will require a phone being activated before the jailbreak will work.