iPhone 3GS drains battery w

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Spamalot22, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Spamalot22 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi all, this is my first post here so I hope I'm doing everything right!
    My problem is with my 2 year old iPhone 3GS running on the latest iOS 4.3.5. At night after I hav finished with the phone I will turn it off completely (not just to standby), usually the battery will be between 80-100% but in the last few months no matter how charged the phone is the battery would drain to 60% or lower overnight.
    My main concern now is that 2 days ago I replaced the battery but the problem has not gone away, I have also tried restoring the phone. Is it possible that the phone is not turning off properly and draining the battery? Thanks

2. claireness macrumors newbie

Same Problem, no solution

I have had the same problem on my 3gs since upgrading to 4.2.1 many months ago. Have found many forum topics on this from apple support pages to message boards...but none have an actual solution (restoring the phone does *not* work).

Hoping one of the good people here can help? rapid battery drain ... light usage, one overnight charge doesn't last me more than a few hours.