Iphone 3GS Eligibility..I'm not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MazingerZ, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MazingerZ macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

Ok..I have the 3g, bought on July 18 of last year and my plan plus features are about 115 a month. Online eligibility check shows Dec 18, 2009 eligible. 2 Customer service persons on the 800 ATT line said I should be eligible when i called them back in July. Went to the ATT store today and was told I'm not. I called 611 and now they are verifying that I should be and will get back to me.

Anybody what I'm missing here?

2. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Here is some info on why some are eligible early (such as myself):
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=763193

And from the looks of things you are eligible too. Call 611 while at the ATT store. You are eligible it's just a confusion in the system. Keep fighting it and sooner or later things will work themselves out and you will have your new phone.

3. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I had the same issue. Apparently if you're not the primary number on the account, you have to wait 18 months to get the early upgrade.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

lets see

that's 18 months on a 2 year contract 24 months in a year so worst case they let you out of the contract 6 months early. Kids in a candy store can't wait for the newest candy. worse case only a few months more to wait MazingerZ by then you might decide to wait another 6 months and see what comes out then. other wise you might be really upset I don't know I do love my 3gs there is no doubt. but I accept the fact I can't upgrade till late next year. but that will still be 6 months early from my contract terms.

5. MazingerZ thread starter macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

Oh no worries. I can wait...its only a phone...I'd just like to get some consistency in what they are saying. :cool:

6. MazingerZ thread starter macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

I am the primary account holder.

7. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Kids in a candy store? I love these type of "helpful" responses to valid questions.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It's so weird how AT&T makes their determination, and I'm glad it doesn't involve me anymore.....:eek::eek::eek:

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

What's so weird about it? You sign a contract you should have to live up to that contract. I still think AT&T should of told all the whiners that wanted to upgrade even though they hadn't lived out their part of the contract to go eat a big steaming pile of poo.

10. MazingerZ thread starter macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

Here's an update.

Somebody from AT&T called me back yesterday. She again insisted that December is the date. I politely told her to review AT&T's stated policy for early upgrade pricing. After a minute, she came back and said, yes...you do qualify, 115 a month plan+features and early adopter.

As of this morning, I am eligible for the 199 price.
    :D