iPhone 3GS erase all data now stuck on apple logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JDMFSeanP, Sep 8, 2010.

1. JDMFSeanP macrumors regular

So I have a 3gs running 4.0.1 jailbroken. I'm selling the phone tomorrow so I just did a phone reset and selected erase all data and contacts and such, and now when attempting to start up it freezes on the apple logo when the spinner thing is going around.

Am I screwed and have to upgrade to 4.1 now? :[

Tried to put into DFU mode and reinstall 4.0.1 but obviously apple doesn't allow that :/

2. Cookies n footy macrumors newbie

If you backed up your SHSH blobs with cydia then simply put:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

in your hosts file and try restore again which then will work. Sadly if you didn't backup you will have to update to 4.1

3. JDMFSeanP thread starter macrumors regular

You had to choose to have your SHSH stored right? Or did it do it automatically?

4. JDMFSeanP thread starter macrumors regular

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, you had to choose to have them backed up. If you don't see them saved at the top of Cydia like my screen cap shows then you are out of luck. And remember for the next time, erase all content and settings erases everything, including the OS.

Attached Files:

6. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I don't understand why they don't allow that? I was able to erase all content on my 3GS before selling it and restore with 4.0.1. file.

Did you move to itunes 10?

7. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you either did it while Apple was still signing 4.0.1 or you had your hashes saved.

Doesn't sound like OP bothered to save his hashes and Apple isn't signing 4.0.1 any longer.

8. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Apple only allow you to restore to the firmwares they class as "current". Therefore, only 4.0.2 at the moment. The window for 4.0.1 closed some time ago. Unless you have your SHSH blobs saved for 4.0.1 you cannot restore to that version.
    It is nothing to do with iTunes 10.

9. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I have shsh blobs according to cydia. So how do you restore?

10. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

I recommend using TinyUmbrella. Google it.

11. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Cool thanks.

i also searched on the boards and redmond pie article on editing the hosts file to saurik's server seems to work as well.

12. mztstephens, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

mztstephens macrumors newbie

Help!!!

Ok so i jailbroke my iphone 3gs using poison and then by accident I deleted cydia from the phone. I tried jailbreaking it again, not working. Tried restoring the phone or putting it in Dfu mode and is not able! I went and deleted everything from the phone and now my phone is frozen on the apple and won't charge. It says it's charging but, not! What to do?:( The phone just keep turning on and off by it's self! is my phone for the garbage?