Iphone 3GS Error 1002

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alejandro1938, Sep 18, 2010.

1. alejandro1938 macrumors newbie

alejandro1938

Hi, I'm having a problem restoring my iphone 3GS 16gb. I let the bettery run out over night, when I plugged it to my mac to charge i got an error that said I had to restore it. I've tried to restore it multiple times now and it wont finish the restore, it will get like 97% into the restore and stay that way for like an hour and then give me an erro 1002.

I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling Itunes, erasing the Device Support folder contents, tried using a different computer ( a lenovo s10 netbook) and nothing. I've been trying to get it into DFU mode but it doesnt work, its perpetually stuck in Recovery mode.
    Does anyone have any advice? There are no apple stores where I live, I would have to take it to an official reseller or bestbuy or someone else and if there is a fix I would appreciate it! Thanks a lot.

2. alejandro1938 thread starter macrumors newbie

alejandro1938

3. AaronBlackburn macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem. There is no restore. It's a useless paperweight now. 1002 is a baseband error.