iphone 3Gs error message: " this accessory is not made to work with iphone"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hamodyiphone, Jun 15, 2010.

1. hamodyiphone macrumors newbie

I had this error mesasge popping up randomly:" this accessory is not made to work with iphone", and it continues saying something about changing to air plane mode.

But it was fixed just right when i connected the charger ... i am gussing it was caused by sand stuck in the hole where i plug the charger ... I am afraid it comes again, i just think when something weird pops up once, it is most definitely coming again someday :(

I bought my iphone with a deal of one year warranty, is it possible they will replace it for me if the warranty is not valid any more ?

Moreover, i jailbreaked my iphone, so do i loose my warranty that way ?

2. Floyd26 macrumors member

maybe u brought the wrong one, because i had the same problem, but my was a ipod charger, i was not paying attention when i brought it, and i get those same ERROR message, but it still work....

3. hamodyiphone thread starter macrumors newbie

the wrong what? ... if u mean the wrong charger, it is the one that came in the box with the iphone which was closed ... so it is the right one ...