iPhone 3GS Exchange Stopped Pushing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #1
    My exchange email stopped pushing to my iPhone about two hours ago and I have no idea why. I checked all the settings to make sure push is on and it received emails instantly as soon as I open the mail client! Other people in my office with the iPhone are still getting their emails pushed. Any idea what could be wrong?
     
  2. joro macrumors 68020

    joro

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Location:
    Virginia
    #2
    Are you sure that your IT department is managing a certain subset of users or a particular server in the enterprise? I know that sometimes with exchange, if managing a certain server, specific users on that server will have lapses in coverage while others don’t.

    In any case, you should be fine typically exchange holds the mail until it’s able to deliver and back online.
     
  3. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #3
    I'm getting the emails in Outlook no problem though. My phone just isn't getting any of them until I open the mail app.
     
  4. dagomike macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    #4
    My exchange push always gets a little flaky once in a while. Usually it sorts itself out.
     
  5. joro macrumors 68020

    joro

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Location:
    Virginia
    #5
    That is strange but as dagomike pointed out I would just give it a while to see if it sorts itself out. After a few hours if it’s still not working I would turn push off then reactivate, it might starts pushing again.
     
  6. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #6
    Tried that already. Also tried removing and re-adding the account with no long. Think I'll do a restore.
     
  7. Blackforge macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2008
    #7
    Your 3GS doesn't happen to be on Wi-Fi at moment is it? I had weirdness on my 3G with ActiveSync, but only when on my company's Wi-Fi. 3G connection always ran great, unless there were problems with the ISA or Exchange server.
     
  8. crashzero macrumors member

    crashzero

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    #8
    i have the same problem and it's driving me nuts!
     
  9. camarobh macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
  10. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #10
    Soft reset and hard reset. Neither worked. Also tried disconnecting from company wifi to see if it would help but no luck there either. So bizarre!
     
  11. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #11
    Got it working! Seemed I needed to update my certificate on my phone. It's weird b/c it was working great and then all of a sudden stopped. Once I updated the certificate it started working again though.
     
  12. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    #12
    How'd you do that?
     
  13. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #13
    Needed to get it sent to me (to another email account on the iPhone) from my server administrator and then re-add the exchange account.
     
  14. crashzero macrumors member

    crashzero

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    #14
    can you elaborate on this process so that i can replicate it?
     
  15. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    #15
    I'm not really sure what else to say. First I deleted the exchange account from my phone. Then my server admin sent a certificate file to a different email address that I have on my phone. I clicked on the attached certificate and it asked me if I wanted to install it, which I did. I then re-added the exchange account and everything was working flawlessly.
     
  16. crashzero macrumors member

    crashzero

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    #16
    hey thanks!

    i actually deleted the account and re-inputted it and this time i received a text window asking to 'accept' the certificate. which i did and now it works just fine.
     
  17. redvolvodavid macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #17
    Here's what I did

    I have been looking for an answer to this for over a week now. I searched and posted in apple discussions, calls to tech support, searches on MacRumors, Google, etc...

    Found this on MacRumors and played around-got it to work.

    All you have to do is:
    1. Delete your exchange account on your iPhone. (Settings/Mail/Click on account/Delete this account)
    2. Locate the SSL certificate for your email server address. Luckily I am the IT guy at work and in a small place so I had it in my documents of all places! You can do a search for .cer files, on your server with exchange installed. It is likely titled something like your organization's name/mail/owa/etc... Attach this file to an email and send it to your iPhone. (I did it from my Gmail account-not my exchange account.)
    3. Open the email with the certificate attached and click on the attachment file-then install the certificate on your phone.
    4. Go to settings/mail/Add Account/Exchange and enter all your servers information and settings.

    That's all! Was easy, however, it pisses me off royally that I had to finally figure this out after scouring the web for an answer. I love 3.0, except for this crap problem.
     

Share This Page