iPhone 3GS Fail. Need Help ASAP Please?!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eswank, Nov 9, 2010.

1. eswank macrumors 6502

I jailbroke my phone last week hoping to use MyWi went on went to training in El Paso. The network in this area sucks so I never got to use it. I didn't want to reformat till I got home this week but this morning my 3GS just crapped out on me. I tried reformatting it and it won't even reformat with the original Apple update that I downloaded from iTunes. I used the custom firmware from PwnageTool and I thought it worked but now I'm stuck without any network and a greyed out WiFi option. I really need to get this to work by the time I fly back home on Thursday. Anyone have any options for me? Thanks!

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

restore as NEW w/ either official apple fw or a custom fw...

3. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried already. I've used both the custom fw and the original fw from iTunes. No luck.

4. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

So my current situation is that I've tried both custome fw's and Apple's original fw and still no luck to get it working. The only thing on my iPhone is the iTunes logo and the USB cable picture (recovery mode). I'm constantly getting Error 1013. If I end up bringing this to Apple will the know that this was jailbroken?

5. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

That screen with the itunes logo and usb cable is NOT DFU MODE.

On a related note, since you don't know how to get into DFU properly, download the latest version of tinyumbrella. It has a put INTO recovery mode button as well now.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com