iPhone 3Gs Firmware 4.0.2 Jailbreak Issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JustparaDOX, Aug 16, 2010.

1. JustparaDOX macrumors newbie

So when I got to the step where you hit shift and click restore and select the 4.0.2 version to restore I get this error message

I was following this Jailbreak guide and follow instructions when I got that error.

This is where I got this error message

Then I tried to skip past the update with the file selected and went on to try...

It didn't reboot.

I tried this once I when into the DFU mode the device would not reboot. It just stayed off. I would have to re-enter the DFU mode.

I have the most current update from iTunes for the iPhone. I want to jail break it can someone help me with these issues I'm running into.

2. cowsrus macrumors 6502

i skimmed but this is most likely your problem

thats a guide to jailbreak a 3G, your topic says you are on a 3GS

more likely than not when it gave you the firmware to download you downloaded a firmware that was created for a 3G, thus why itunes says the firmware is incompatible

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes if you have a 3gs then you can't jailbreak 4.0.2 you might be able to downgrade 4.0.1 and then jailbreak, but based on this I will personally let somebody else tell you about it. if they choose I don't want to be blamed if you fail. :p

4. JustparaDOX thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm downgrading to OS 4.0.1 right now. Yeah it was my mistake. I was looking up 3Gs jailbreaks and got a 3G tutorial. I am having a hard time finding how to jailbreak OS4 . period . especially for 3Gs... I'm a keep looking if anyone knows where to go or how please help.

5. JustparaDOX thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying jailbreakme.com on my iPhone... it installed... Is that it?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, it's very easy. You made this 10 times harder than it was.