iPhone 3GS - Fixed water damage. Except restart problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vaiboy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. vaiboy macrumors newbie

hi Everyone, my iPhone 3GS went into the washing machine for the entire wash cycle. I took the phone apart (everything including batteries, display etc) and dried it out for a few days and put it back together. The phone turned on, the display is 80% readable and the touch screen works great too. The only problem is that the phone keeps restarting every 8 minutes (connected or not).

Any thoughts or inputs are appreciated.

If I fix this problem, I'm thinking of replacing the display with a new one.

thanks!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It could be many things that are wrong/shorted with it.
    I wouldnt advise you to spend any more money on replacing random parts hoping it will work. Just bring it to Apple and get a replacement for $200.
    And keep it away from the washer machine :D

3. vaiboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I did not know I could get a replacement for $200. I'd hate to sign a another 2 year contract with ATT. That's the main reason and also, the geek in me wants to fix this unit :)

Yep, No more washing machines!! :)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont sign another contract when you get an out of warranty replacement though:)
    You just bring it to Apple and they replace it for you without touching your account or extending your contract.

5. vaiboy thread starter macrumors newbie