Iphone 3gs freezing issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gorza, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Gorza macrumors newbie

Hi all. Hope someone can help.

I've an iPhone 3GS thats been running perfectly for about a year. It's not jailbroken. After installing the 4.3.3 update from itunes i'm now getting regular freezing (black screen, unresponsive buttons). The only way to get it working again seems to be a 10 second home/power hold. Problem is it's doing it all the time.

I've done a factory restore about 10 times (re-installed itunes) and looked at crash reports on the pc. There are none related to the time it locks up. I've taken all the apps off, kept it on airplane mode and disabled the camera. No joy.

I was thinking it might be the battery as it's fine when it's plugged into the pc/wallsocket. However, it isn't losing undue power and crucially, it never crashes when it's in use. I can have a podcast running (on battery) in the car and it'll play for hours with no issues.

Any help much appreciated. Am tearing my hair out.
    J

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Could be a battery issue but maybe your iPhone is getting too hot in your pocket?