iPhone 3GS from Bell trying to use with Rogers network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Earlzie, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Earlzie macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS that was bought through bell network but since bell lied about where service is available i have to jailbreak it to use Rogers.... I had a tethered jailbreak on it so that i could use the "ROCK" APP but the other day my phone was freezing and pissing me off so.... u can probably already guess.. yes i updated my phone to the 3.1.3 software with 5.12.01 boot ROM not knowing what the consequences are.. my phone is stuck in the emergency mode and iTunes is saying they cannot read the SIM which is of course because i don't have that ROCK app anymore and the Bell SIM won't work because there is no Bell service here... I paid a guy to somehow jailbreak it a month and a half ago without the Bell service but he didn't tell me anything about the 3.1.3 firmware

Is there anything i can do? or do I just have to wait for "greenpois0n" which who knows when will be out.. so if anyone knows of anything i can do that would be great!!! it sucks ass not having a phone at all...

2. Jenkins12 macrumors member

What about going to place where there is Bell service?

3. Earlzie thread starter macrumors newbie

thats 2500km's away.. i won't be going back for 1 to 2 months

4. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

That sucks I know how you feel, I jailbroke my Rogers iPhone so I could go with Fido :( if you had a Fido iPhone I would be willing to trade.

Try finding a friend who has an Activate Bell SIM

I got a Roger CSR to put his SIM in my iPhone and he activated it for me :)