iPhone 3GS Games Lag After Recieving Texts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luigi239, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I've noticed that if I play a game on my iPhone and then recieve a text message, the game lags like crazy. I'm assuming it's a software bug, but am I the only one noticing it? I notice it durring Wild West Pinball and Doodle Jump, but I think it prolly happens in others.

2. greenday123 macrumors 6502

I've been noticing the same thing in the same game! Wild West Pinball, i dont think it happens in all games, just games like that, with something constantly moving fast on the screen, it uses up more processing than other games would, also games like racing games, i would assume its the same for games like that too.

3. ski2moro macrumors 6502

Lagging here, too

I have a 16 gig iPhone 3G with the 3.0 upgrade. Mine is lagging, too.

But I don't Text. Peggle seems to make the lag worse for me.

Apple and PopCap blamed each other.

Two weeks ago, the Genius at the Apple Store told me there was nothing wrong with my iphone with lagging. He blamed it on having too many apps and the need to reboot more frequently. He told me to go home and restore and see how it worked with fewer apps. Still lagged.

I started a thread here to ask how often everyone rebooted their phones, but no one seemed to have the same problems I was. Someone suggested getting an app to free up the memory, but I thought that I would just turn it off more frequently.

Two days ago, my iPhone would not turn on at all. (Not related to the lagging, AFAIK) The Apple Store replaced it - no problem. (And I'm happy to say that I have no dead pixels, no dust under the screen and no light leaks in the replacement either.)

The sad news is that my replacement iPhone is still lagging.

Is it in 3.0? I was considering restoring back to the old software to see if that helped get rid of the lag. I will let you know how that goes.

4. greenday123 macrumors 6502

were talking about the 3gs, but I have heard numerous ti
    es that 3.0 has made the iPhone 3g slower in general, and I've used 2 or 3 3g's before and after the 3.0 update, they were much slower after, I'm sure when 3.1 gets officially released the lag on the 3g will be fixed.

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I've always had lags especially when it's fetching new mail long before 3.0 came out.

It's already been stated that in 3.1 that shutdowns and startups along with app launching is much faster on the 3g/s.