iphone 3GS gets stuck when trying to restore to iOS5 GM *FIXED*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acronym, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Acronym, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

Acronym macrumors 68000

hello I am having issues with installing iOS5 GM on my iphone 3GS (non dev) I have itunes 10.5.0.113 (beta 7 I believe) installed on my windows 7 64 bit laptop. I have tried to restore my iphone to the iOS5 GM (restore not update) but it gets stuck near the beginning of the progress bar and does nothing. I get no error from Itunes either it is just in this perpeptual state of "restoring" it seems

the ISPW file i have is "iPhone2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore" anyone have any insight on this? I in somewhat of a time crunch or else I would search things myself.

I am restoring from a DFU restored 4.3.5 set up as a new phone. I also understand that this is pre-release and itunes is beta, but I'd like to continue.

I have included a picture of where it is getting stuck at, I ghave left it now for ten plus minutes

***EDIT*** file must have been corrup, it is working now after I have re-downloaded the file. ***EDIT***

Attached Files:

2. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

26 views no reply? :p I know someone was helping me in another thread, but I decided to make this one.

someone who has any idea please help :) thank you

3. Acronym, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

file must have been corrup, it is working now after I have re-downloaded the file.