iPhone 3gs going naked for the first time.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple-NoEscape, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

I have always had a case on my phone just to protect it from scratches/bumps. But I have hated having a case as I prefer the feel and look of the phone without one.
    Now the iPhone 4 is so close I do t have to worry as much. So caseless it is for the nest couple of months, right up untill august when I am eligible for an upgrade.

2. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I just removed my Invisible Shield. June 24th isn't that far away and I prefer the feel of a caseless iPhone as well. It's so nice not to have to be all OCD about scratches anymore!

3. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Both of your iPhones are doomed to be dropped off of a cliff or in a toilet. :p

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Since the first day I got the 3GS I put it in my left front pocket, no protection on glass or case.

I throw it in my pocket when I cut the lawn, trim the bushes, etc., sweaty and dirty. I slide it across the bar when I want to show people something or if it's their turn to play flick fishing.

The glass is still perfect, the back, hairline scratches. When I sell it on the 24th, it will pay for itself. The new one, same exact treatment, it's a tool, not a priceless antique, use it like a tool.

5. bina12834 macrumors regular

i just did the exact thing last night...i figured i only have 2 weeks to wait for my new phone....dont really care if anything happens to my 3G now....i can finally marvel at the beauty of my 3G

6. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

This really. Had my 3G for a year and I have never put it in a case as it's a phone not an antique like you said. Obviously you have to be careful to not drop it, although I have dropped it onto hard surfaces about 10 times; yet me being lucky the worst damage was a minor scuff on a corner after dropping it on concrete. But come 24th it will have served me well :)

7. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Did you have it on the front/back or both? I keep one just on the back, keeps the plastic from scratchin up and keeps it kind of grippy when setting it on tables and what not. I had it on the front of originally, but I really didn't like it and haven't had any issues with scratching the glass.

8. AV8TOR macrumors regular

AV8TOR

I could care less about the minor scratches but I use the thin Speck case because the naked iPhone is simply to slick. When I am driving I lay the phone on my console and the first turn it slides off. I like the way it feels when typing without the case but it is just to slick without a case.

9. thornguy macrumors regular

Did the same with my 3G this week. It feels like a new phone.

Thinking of going the squaretrade route rather than a case for the 4.

10. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Poor decision from an investment stand point - aren't you going to sell it?!

11. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've never had a case/screen proctector on my 3G and now my 3GS. I don't like any of the cases available for the iPhone, and I'm meticulous about my phone anyway. Knock on wood, I have never dropped it, and with the exception of some wear on the silver bevel, the phone is in great condition.