Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackapple15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
I am thinking about buying a no-contract 8 gb iphone 3gs and activating it as a go-phone with att. I have a couple of questions I would like to ask before I go about doing this.
1. Is it possible to have a data plan on a go-phone sim card?
2. If I try to activate a data plan will they cancel my account?
3. Will I need to buy a sim card cutter off ebay?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I am thinking about buying a no-contract 8 gb iphone 3gs and activating it as a go-phone with att. I have a couple of questions I would like to ask before I go about doing this.
1. Is it possible to have a data plan on a go-phone sim card?
2. If I try to activate a data plan will they cancel my account?
3. Will I need to buy a sim card cutter off ebay?

1 Yes At&T will be happy to discuss plans and cost
2 ATT requires a data plane for the iphone and
3 no 3gs uses a slandered sim

blackapple15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Thanks, so does this
1 Yes At&T will be happy to discuss plans and cost
2 ATT requires a data plane for the iphone and
mean that I might not even have to buy a no-contract iphone and I can just go with the regular discounted price?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you asking in the hack section your not talking about a hack.. And Att requires a data plan on any iphone contract or not just in contract. people have talked about switching sim from another phone that is recognized by the system and it's a matter of time before att contacts you. if you want more info there are plenty of threads on it. Again this is the hack or jailbreaking section so this discussion doesn't really fit here.

blackapple15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry about that, and for future reference. Where would a post like this belong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.