Iphone 3GS got ran over by truck

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applemessiah, Jul 10, 2011.

1. applemessiah macrumors member

i recently bought an iphone 3gs from a guy that says he dropped his phone at work (construction guy) and when he went back for it, it wouldnt power on. he believes it was ran over by a truck. Thing is, the phone is mint. No cracks on Back housing or Digitizer or LCD. I brought it home and just as the guy says, it wont power on. Any idea what could be the problem?

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

environment damage, battery issue, or even a loose cable?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your guess is as good as ours.
    You can always bring it to Apple and have them take a look at it.
    If its out of warranty you can pay $200 to have it replaced.

4. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

well i have another 3gs back housing with good battery and i decided to put the one that got ran over and it won't do anything...inside of phone looks real good and motherboard does not look bent at all.

5. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Water damage or a cable is loose? It could be anything really. You could get it a genius to look at it, worst case scenario, you can purchase a replacement.

6. mayflower macrumors member

if it has a battery issue or a loose cable you can try to take apart your 3gs and assemble it .
    :p

7. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

i put the motherboard into another back housing. does not want to power on at all...i guess it flexed if it indeed got ran over which may have caused internal damage.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I bought a 3Gs from someone once that was run over by a car and it was literally perfect cosmetically minus that the LCD was all mucked up from being pushed too hard (obviously) but strangely enough the digitizer was intact.

When I opened up the phone, everything inside of it looked perfect too, although when I exchanged some parts in and out of other phones, I determined that both the battery and logic board were toast.

9. mayflower macrumors member

You bought a 3Gs that was run over by a car ? do you have the confidence to fix it up ?