Iphone 3GS GPS Broken

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ivan300, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ivan300 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I have a 3GS that I got on launch day.
    Currently on 4.0 Jailbroken with jailbreakme

A few weeks ago I dropped it the first time and cracked the digitizer.I ordered a new one and replaced it with no issues. After the replacement I noticed that GPS does not work. I have tried everything. I was running 4.0.1, I restored to 4.0.1 and it still didn't work. So i restored to 4.0 and it still didn't work.

Im confident that this is a hardware issue. I am not sure if it was caused by the drop or me replacing the digitizer. As far as I know the gps and antenna are on the back of the iphone so replacing the digitizer wouldn't have caused it.

Any ideas?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sucks.
    You might have to pay the $200 to have it replaced by Apple or bring it in and maybe you get a nice Rep that will swap it for free. Doubt it but worth a try.

3. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

I fixed it here's how.

I opened up the iphone again and checked every single connector even the ones I didn't touch.

This didn't solve the problem.

I did some reading and I read the hitting the phone fairly hard can solve the issue. It makes sense since the gps stopped working when the phone hit the ground.

I hit the back part right behind the sim card against my palm 10x fairly hard. The phone lost signal and regained it. After that GPS worked :D

This is not a joke btw