Iphone 3GS: Grayed out Sync Apps- help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by starfish108, Dec 9, 2010.

1. starfish108 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I bought a used Iphone 3GS and it's Jailbroken. There was some existing music on there- and the only app was Cydia.

Now I registered it to myself, and entered my Apple Store (itunes) account info on it. I bought several Apps through iTunes on the phone.

HOWEVER...

It will not sync with iTunes on my computer and it threatens to delete all apps on the phone. I cannot "Manually Manage Music" either, it won't let me without deleting stuff.

I want to be able to add music to the Phone and be able to Sync new apps on my computer.
    What are my options? Has anyone done this? Please help. :confused:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It's asking you to erase everything because it's synced to the last owners computer.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

right click on the tab where your iPhone's name is in iTunes and click on transfer purchases then after that sync it w/ your computer so you at least don't have to re-download the apps...

4. starfish108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will it delete Cydia?

And affect the Jailbreak?

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

You need to download Installous via Cydia in order to keep those apps. Once acquired, turn on 'iTunes Sync' in Installous and do the method that Carlanga suggested. As for the music, I'm not sure if there's much you can do as the device can only be synced to one computer at a time.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

it shouldn't AFAIK

NO, the TS bought the apps w/ his/her iTunes account so there is no need to install the cracked apps application Installous which itself shouldn't be discussed in this forum :rolleyes:, the TS needs to just transfer the purchases and authrize the computer w/ his iTunes account :;)