iPhone 3Gs Headphones NOT compatible with iPhone 3G? REALLY???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacFly123, Nov 30, 2009.

1. MacFly123 macrumors 68020

Can someone tell me this? The iPhone 3Gs headphones are different than the iPhone and iPhone 3G. The 3Gs headphones have the volume up and down buttons as well as the center click. Apple's site says they are ONLY compatible with the iPhone 3Gs as far as iPhones go. But is that really true? I have a 3G and my fam got me the 3Gs headphones as a present and I figured they would work but the buttons might not since they are software based. Or maybe the center click button will work fine but not the volume up and down? Has anyone tried the 3Gs headphones with a 3G or heard anything?

Attached Files:

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

everything will work except the volume up and down
    this is hardware based due to the headphone jack

3. gjw4u macrumors 6502

MacFly123, the "Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic" will work with the iPhone 3G without a problem, except that the volume + and - buttons will not work/are not supported.
    As "Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic" cost the same as the standard "iPhone Stereo Headset", it is not like you are paying for something you can not use/take advantage of.

4. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Just like they said they will work but the volume buttons wont! I have a 3G and the wife has a 3Gs add we switch headphones all the time!

5. MacFly123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Cool, thanks guys! :) I just wanted to make sure before I opened the box and then couldn't return them or anything.