iPhone 3GS help?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by user1690, Feb 13, 2011.

1. user1690 macrumors regular

user1690

Hey guys!

So i got myself a 3GS from eBay (A guy in france to be exact)

So i wanted to jailbreak the device, all seemed to go well until the battery life was greatly diminished. (because i had to hacktivate the phone...).

So i went through the proccess of using SAM, and the Manual Carrier method... iTunes then activated the phone with no issues, and the battery life APPEARED to improve... When i leave the phone alone. (Idle/Standby mode) then the battery life is fine, but when i use ANY app whatsoever, the battery begins to drain at -3-5% every 10 or so minutes. I think thats not right at all and that something else is wrong.

Any suggestions?

My iPhone details

Phone: iPhone 3GS 32GB

Jailbroken with: Limera1n

Baseband: 05.13.04

Version: 4.0.1 (8A306)

Model: MC134NF

If anyone has a solution, or a suggestion, feel free. Heres what i've tried so far to no avail;

Re-Jailbreak - Leaves me in same situation as before.

Use another jailbreak tool - I cant find another jailbreak tool that is un-tethered and will jailbreak+hacktivate the device. (I can find ones that jailbreak 4.1 (not 4.0.1) but i dont know if they mess with the baseband.)

And YES, i backed up my SHSH blobs using tinyumbrella.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Do a restore to get rid of everything and then create a jailbroken 4.1 ipsw with snowbreeze or pwnagetool and then use tinyumbrella or pwnagetool to upgrade to your custom firmware without updating your Baseband.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Maybe the battery is going bad? I'd say change it to a new battery.

4. user1690, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

Oh god i hope it doesnt resort to that. Right now im trying Pwnagetool just to see if it makes any difference at all.

Edit: Stupid me didnt do his research properly. Updated to 4.1 using iTunes and TinyUmbrella and the baseband got updated. Stuck on an Orange France lock now which i dont want.

Guess im stuck with an iPod now seeing its phone functions are useless.

Anyone got any ideas except selling this thing?

5. swanning-it macrumors newbie

Depends how much you paid for it? You could re-jailbreak with redsn0w including an upgrade of the baseband again to the Ipad 06.15.00 and then unlock with ultrasn0w. Worked for me, but there is a warning that you can't ever change from that baseband.

6. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

You know that did cross my mind but i dont want to end up screwing the iPhone up by never having official update functions.

I have been googling for HOURS now looking for one of those official IMEI unlock solutions, and so far i keep hitting scam sites.

If anyone can suggest any good sites that would offer a remote IMEI unlock service, please suggest one.

Im only going to use the iPad baseband as a last resort, or if someone can confirm (And proove) that it can be removed if nessecary.

7. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I used the iPad BB myself and while it's pretty much locked at this now, I've never seen a problem in the past with upgrading and using a custom .ipsw to bypass changing the BB. But I guess like you said, use it only as a last resort...