iPhone 3GS in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DirkBreeuwer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. DirkBreeuwer macrumors member

Hey my fellow dutch iphone lovers!

I have some questions about the iPhone 3GS in here.

1. When is it out? I see a 26 Juni in the T-Mobile website, but I don't speak Dutch, so I don't know what it says.
    2. The abonament is 30Euros per month, does that include the iPhone itself? Or how much do we pay for the actual headset?
    3. Is 3G internet included in the 30Euro Abonament? What is your experience with 3G here in the Netherlnads?

Here is the link to the Dutch t-mobile website with the iPhone info:
    http://www.t-mobile.nl/iphone/index.html?WT.ac=mc_iphone3gs_01

Thanks in advance!

DBreeuwer

2. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

1. The date you saw is correct. 26th June
    2. They haven't published prices for the iPhone itself, yet.
    3. The monthly fee includes a certain amount of minutes and SMS, data flat-rate and free access to T-Mobile hotspots in the Netherlands.

4. MMS will cost 50 cents. Receiving MMS is free.

I have an iPhone 3G contract with T-Mobile. PM me if you have any questions.

3. jsuiker macrumors newbie

Hey! A dutch iPhone thread!

I'm leaving for Delft in two months and need some help figuring out how to take my iPhone with me. I'll be studying there for two years so i'm thinking about getting a subscription that will last that long.

Since I already own the phone, do either of you how I can get the cheapest data/phone plan? I'm sure i'll have to unlock it for use over there since it is a US phone right now. Lastly, how should I make sure the voicemail functionality will remain when I move?

Thanks for any input.

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

If you have an iPhone 3G you can get a SIM only contract for just €13.50 a month. See this link: http://www.vodafone.nl/prive/favorieten/Super_SIM_Only

It includes 200 minutes or 400 text messages (2 texts = 1 minute) and unlimited data. Visual voicemail will only work with T-Mobile iPhone contracts.

5. jsuiker macrumors newbie

Excellent, that looks like a great plan! Thanks for the information.