iPhone 3GS iOS4 with BB 05.13.04 Jail Breakable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have a 3GS with iOS4 on it running Baseband 05.13.04 and I just want to know if I can jailbreak this one, I tried searching the forums, but I did not get any results with my similar question so I figured I would ask here.

I am thinking about returning my i4 since it is having some issues and there is no JB at the time, plus it could be months before a viable JB is available with all the issues.

:rolleyes:

2. jlmitnick macrumors regular

If you're already on iOS 4.0 and you had never jailbroken the phone in the past (and saved the SHSH blobs for a previous firmware version), then you can't jailbreak your 3GS at this time.

Also, by the way, the baseband pertains to your ability to unlock the phone, not jailbreak it - and at the moment all the basebands (including yours) are unlockable, but you have to be able to jailbreak the phone to unlock it...so you can't do that either at the moment.

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Like he said, if you've previously jailbroke it, then you can. If you have jailbroke it before use pwnage tool 4.0.1 to create a custom ipsw. Then downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackra1n, then do an options-restore with the custom ipsw you created with pwnage 4.0.1

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot right now.
    We should see a new JB soon though.

6. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Can I just check, with the downgrade->blackra1n->custom firmware technique noted above, is the resulting jailbreak tethered on iOS 4.0? Thanks!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If u have a tethered jb on 3.1.2 u cannot restore to custom 4.0 ipsw.
    You just gotta wait for the new jb.

8. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

You can't right now, a new JB from Comex is think is coming soon, so just wait :)

9. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

I think I actually am going to wait. I'm enjoying iOS 4 enough at the moment without the JB, but out of interest, what about this guide?