[iphone 3gs, ios5] Need help removing icon and text shadows on home screenplease!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SANX2, Jan 7, 2012.

1. SANX2 macrumors newbie

Hello hello. New to the site so pardon me if im not posting in the right place.

Alright so like the title says, I need help removing the shadows that are on my home screen. They show up underneath my app folders and the folder labels. Now im really not too tech-savvy, but I do know how to edit and replace files using SSH. So if anyone could help me out a bit, that'd be great. Thanks!

Sidenote: I was able to get rid of the home screen gradients. So i'd like to say in advance that I do not need help getting rid of those :)

2. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Aren't the shadow files located in the same spot as the wallpaper gradients (/System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app)?

I remember doing this on my 2nd gen iPod touch, all you have to do is delete the shadow images.

If you still have the shadows, try clearing the cache folder (/var/mobile/library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent).

And of course, make sure to keep backups.

3. SANX2 thread starter macrumors newbie

They are but as far as I know, just deleting them does not work. The files have to replaced.

4. SANX2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed the icon shadows.......

Managed to get rid of the folder shadows but the folder labels still have a shadow underneath them :confused:

5. sand_man, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

I'm also experiencing some strange behavior from my themed icon labels. When I respring or reboot my labels have shadows. If I swipe to a different home page and back the shadows are gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the Messages label is the only label without the shadow. I've edited the info.plist to the Noki theme I'm running here to eliminate the label shadows yet after respring the shadows remain until I swipe away from the home screen and back..

6. sand_man, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

This is for white dock and undocked icon labels, no shadows..

EDIT: But the shadows remain until physically swiping to another page and back, minor irritation but an irritation none the less as by default my setup is just one page.

It's almost like the icon shadows are cached!!