iPhone 3GS is dying...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArtOfWarfare, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Okay, so my friend's iPhone 3GS is dying... like, it has all sorts of issues. The battery drains too fast. It doesn't find a signal very often. The camera freaks out. GPS and compass are both wrong. It'll crash and reboot to the apple screen without any warning.

I'm guessing the issue has to do with how many times its been dropped onto hard surfaces like concrete, ceramic tiles, etc.

But it's only just over a year old. So it's beyond the warranty period but they aren't eligible for an upgrade for about 5 months. Any advice for what they can do with it at this point?

2. celticpride678

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Also for the battery, try letting it run down and then fully charge it. My old 3G was doing this for while but I was running it down halfway then recharging all the time. When I would unplug it, it would go down 5% in 30 minutes after unplugging with no use.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Cradle it, keep it company, and give it what it wants as it is only a matter of time....

5. NaCl macrumors member

When my edge iPhone was acting up erratically, a restore would smooth things out.