iPhone 3gs issue, please can anyone help??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RichLee, Sep 13, 2011.

1. RichLee macrumors newbie

Hi I have had an issue with my iPhone over the last couple of days. Basically any pre existing app (Safari, Mail, Maps, and Weather) will open and then suddenly close down without me being able to use the app. Is there anyway of fixing this without restoring my phone? As I dont want to lose all my texts and pictures.

Also is this a common problem?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will have to restore but you can restore from backup after you're done so all your stuff will be put back.

3. RichLee thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You plug it to itunes and hit restore.
    Then when the restore is done it will ask you if you want to setup as new phone or restore from backup.

5. RichLee thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to sound like a massivie dumass but how do I back up my stuff and will this save my text messages, and pictures?

6. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

All you need to do is go to the app store and install a new app. That will repair any problems with your app folder, and you won't need to delete anything.

Of course, if the app store is broken as well, then you'd be screwed.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

In the left hand side bar of iTunes, right click on your iPhone and click 'back up'. It will back up everything except your music.