Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Hi,

I have a white 32gb iPhone 3GS which I have for around 5 months, about a month ago I purchased a dock for the phone. Last week I noticed a hairline crack in the charging dock which has got wider and longer in length over the last week. I would not be to bothered if it was the cracks that appear around the headphone port that are only minor but this is around a 1cm in length and is getting worse.

As well as the crack near the dock the sponge is also becoming "spongy" in the top right hand corner and clicks when I press it lightly like its popping back into place

I believe the handset should be replaced but I am not sure wether to take it to the genius bar or not as I live over 60 miles away (UK) and I dont want a wasted journey,

Would the genius bar replace the handset? Has anyone experienced these problems?

4287998986_ec9510f258_o.jpg

Thanks

Grant

dohspc

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
Plano, TX
iPhone plastic case is known to crack. Both the 3G and 3GS I have owned cracked by the charger port. In fact Apple just replaced my 3GS today. Can't beat the service in their stores!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.