iphone 3gs jailbrake help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphone3gs.ash, Nov 11, 2010.

1. iphone3gs.ash macrumors newbie

I am looking at getting a iPhone 3gs but don't know where to get a jail broken one as i was told if its jailbrake you can't get half of the apps and you can't use itunes?

Is this true?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Try your local Craig's List section or eBay. You can get still get apps. All the App store one and Cydia App Store. Yes, you can still use iTunes to sync. You just can't upgrade/restore your iPhone, or you'll lose the jailbreak and unlock.

Just make sure before you buy one it's on the right software so it can be unlocked for you.

3. iphone3gs.ash thread starter macrumors newbie

So its better just to get a factor unlocked one and if its brought from eBay can it be blocked after buying it and reported as stolen? So I will be out of pocket and no phone?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Factory unlocked iPhones are better but generally more expensive because they're not from the U.S.

eBay is pretty safe just make sure if you buy an iPhone from there you buy the iPhone from a reputable seller with a good amount of feedback. The iPhone can be block but that's if it stolen already. Just make sure you stay away from people who just joined eBay and are selling iPhones or people with negative feedback and you'll be alright.

Craig's List is better in a way because you're getting a face to face transaction.