iPhone 3Gs Jailbreak + Activation Question...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sammio2, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Sammio2 macrumors regular

Sammio2

Hi Everyone,

I have searched the forum quite thoroughly and have not found an answer to this particular question.

Basically, I have an iPhone 3Gs with the official O2 (in UK here) Sim! If I activate the phone on official non JB firmware, then run Red snow to jailbreak, will I still be able to use the activated sim, or will I still be able to activate using the official Sim?

I will not be installing ultrasnow and am not interested in unlocking the phone, I'd just like to know if I can still Activate the phone / official sim through iTunes running Jailbroken Firmware?

Any help with this matter will be much appreciated!
    Sam

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Apologies, but your post is a bit confusing. So you are saying you have no desire to unlock your phone, you just want t know if you can jailbreak and keep it on O2 and will everything still work ok? If so, yes. :)

Also, if this IS the case, then you may not have actually searched that hard. :)

3. Sammio2 thread starter macrumors regular

Sammio2

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry, to clarify, I am just a bit confused about the activation on my Phone. The Dev team site talks about hacktivated phones and such. All I wanted to confirm is...

1) that by running redsn0w, I will not affect the activation of my phone?

2) and that "hacktivation" is only neccecary when trying to use an un-official sim on an "unlocked" iPhone.

Apologies if this has been covered before, I just couldn't seem to find any clear answers to these questions!

Once again, Many thanks for your reply!