iPhone 3GS Jailbreak General Questions!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JJTrick, Jun 27, 2009.

1. JJTrick macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was wondering once you Jailbreak your phone how do you update the software? Should you ever use the check for updates button in iTunes? For instance if I'm running OS 3.0 and then I jailbreak it and apple comes out with 3.1.1 or something how do I update it? Can you simply go to iTunes and update your phone to the 3.1.1 and then Jailbreak it again? or would you have to restore it then update then Jailbreak again? I know nothing about Jailbreaking so those of you who do I'm sorry this is probably a dumb question.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

2. tylertech macrumors regular

iPhone 3GS jailbreak isn't released yet. Once it is, lets say 3.1.1 is released, and you upgrade, then all the hacks will be removed, and you will have to re-jailbreak after upgrading. Some things will have to be removed before upgrading (like Categories or carrier logos) but it's completely ok to upgrade without issues.

HOWEVER if you are planning on unlocking the 3GS then upgrading will most likely upgrade the baseband, and remove the unlock. Other than that, you shouldn't see a problem.