Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yv.haranath

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
I HAVE IPHONE 3GS 16 GB OS 3.1.2 AND I JAILBROKE USING BLACKRAIN.EXE APP.

the problem is , when even i reboot , again its getting locked, it says " connect to itunes"

whats the solution...thanks a ton

yv.haranath

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
It's called a tethered jb. You have to run blackrain again each time you reboot and it will start up again.
No other option at the moment besides going stock firmware.

omg....yes i am running blackrain every time i reboot......

what was the option u told, i.e going stock firmware ?? will this problem gets solved ? and how to do that?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That's a blackra1n tethered jailbreak...

Have you looked into redsn0w?

Thats false.
Redsnow would do the same thing with a tethered JB newer bootloader 3GS.
Please dont post false information if you dont know.
From the link you provided:

What if I have a late-model device?
If you have a late-model iPhone 3GS, or if you have an iPod touch 2G whose serial number begins with “MC”, or any iPod touch 3G, you can use redsn0w to jailbreak but you are currently restricted to “tethered” rebooting. That means you need to connect your device to a computer to complete the boot after a reset. Also, these devices cannot have custom logos.

To do a tethered boot after your late-model device resets for some reason, either run redsn0w again and select “Just boot tethered right now”, or run blackra1n.

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
Thats false.
Redsnow would do the same thing with a tethered JB newer bootloader 3GS.
Please dont post false information if you dont know.

Uh... I'm curious as to where you're getting the impression that I'm posting false information... I simply asked the OP if he has looked into redsn0w. Maybe you should brush up on your reading comprehension before trying to correct people...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Uh... I'm curious as to where you're getting the impression that I'm posting false information... I simply asked the OP if he has looked into redsn0w. Maybe you should brush up on your reading comprehension before trying to correct people...

Have you looked into what you're suggesting or you're just pointing him to something that doesnt make any difference than where he's at right now?
Is it my reading comprehension or you not comprehending his question or bother researching before posting?
And there is no such thing as a "blackra1n tethered jailbreak"
The tethered JB is caused of an updated iBoot by Apple on the late model 3GS iphones.
Read up: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/833099/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.