Iphone 3GS Jailbreak & Unlock Help !!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jay11, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jay11 macrumors newbie

Hello Guys .. I need some help regarding unlock the iphone 3GS.. yesterday night I was try to jailbreak with sn0wbreez but I'm getting error .. for somereason I cant able to finish that process.. M I doing something wrong?

I have 4.0 OS with Iphone 3GS .. let me know what too do with this situation..

Thanks a lot guys for your help..

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If your phone has already been updated to 4.0 stock firmware there is not yet any tool that can jailbreak your phone. If you have your ECID SHSH on file for version 3.1.2 or earlier you can downgrade, jailbreak with redsn0w, then upgrade with a custom firmware created with PwnageTool. If not, you are stuck unjailbroken (and locked) for now.

3. jay11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh wow .. so no solution yet for Iphone 3GS? I dont think so I have SHSH on file .. :( can I downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 with different .ipsw files? or m I gonna get the error 1600 ?

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Without the SHSH backed up you're not able to downgrade, and will have to wait for a jailbreak to be released.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you don't have your SHSH on file, then you cannot downgrade. Apple will only allow you to install iOS 4.0 on your phone, and the only way to bypass that is to use saved SHSH.