iPhone 3GS jailbroken for sale, waiting for activation

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by calvy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. calvy macrumors 65816

I searched, and saw only a bunch of unanswered threads about this. I'm hoping for better luck. I got a buyer for my 3GS which i advertised as jailbroken and unlocked. Didn't bother to actually do it until tonight, the night before I meet this potential buyer.

So, I basically installed the apple version of 4.0.1, then went to jailbreakme.com to jailbreak, and install cydia, pdf patch, and ultrasn0w. All is fine except that everytime I reboot I get a "waiting for activation" message. I can't test, but I assume a tmobile sim would work.

I'm guessing I should have used pwnagetool to upgrade to 4.0.1, but now I think it's too late.

Any help, please? I've got 12 hours before I see this guy.

2. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Don't worry about that waiting for activation message. Just click okay. Once a sim card is put in it should go away.

3. calvy thread starter macrumors 65816

my AT&T sim card is in it already. that's why i'm worried.

4. calvy thread starter macrumors 65816

well clearly this question has no answer. crap. I guess I'll hope it goes away when he sticks his sim in.

5. calvy thread starter macrumors 65816

Well i stuck the AT&T sim from my work issued blackberry in the iphone and it no longer gives me the waiting for activated prompt. So I guess that's the ticket. Not sure if a non AT&T sim would activate it, but at this point I guess I don't care.