IPHONE 3GS (Jailbroken)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleUser234, Oct 10, 2011.

1. AppleUser234 macrumors newbie

Hi

I jailbroke my Iphone 6 months ago with limer1an and it was perfectly fine but now when i call a person i cant get any sound i cant hear the person calling and he cant hear me the call goes through though. Here is the funny part if i connect my headphone i can communicate again like normal loudspeaker to i can talk and the person can hear remove the headphone or loudspeaker no sound again is it hardware failure or software? if so can you please provide a fix thx alot in advance
    PS things i tried
    Muting and un muting
    Hard reset
    restarting springboard

2. sunenihs macrumors newbie

Why dont you bring it to the Apple Store? They might be able to give you a better idea if it's hardware or not. My speakers blew out on an old iPhone of mine, just wear and tear of use..technology is not perfect. It sounds like it'd be hardware related since you haven't had any problems since jb'ing.

3. mindyish macrumors member

I had this happen to me but it was just that I couldn't be heard though I could hear the callers. My mic had went out when I dropped the phone. If you can't hear them as well, that would be quite a coincidence your speakers went out also at same time. Can you get sounds from speaker using ipod? Did you say you can hear on speaker phone? If so, you still can't rule hardware out. Take it in to an apple store, (just restore first if jailbroken) they can tell ya what the issue is and give you a quote even if your warranty is up. I found a local place that specializes in iphone repair and they did an excellent job really cheap for me. A lot of local wireless shops do repairs now. Apple store is the best method though.

4. AppleUser234 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thx for the help i will just restore the phone and take it to the apple store sadly my warranty is up

5. sunenihs macrumors newbie

My old refurb 3G started acting up and I brought it into the store. When they saw it wasn't working correctly, without even asking about my warranty they replaced my phone on the spot. Hopefully you're luck will be the same!