Iphone 3GS JB to Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jnardis, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I currently have a JB Iphone 3GS and am planning on purchasing the Iphone 4. My questions is: Will I have any problems when I sync the Iphone 4 to a backup from my JB 3GS? Will everything run the same, battery, apps, music etc?

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Chances are it will work just fine. Though no one will really know until it comes out.

For best results I usually set up as new, though I can see where that would be an issue...

3. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I can't set up as new. I've got my entire life on this thing. LOL

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Worked fine for me. There is always a chance you'll run into problems, though.

5. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I have a jailbroken 3G. I was planning on restoring it to the original firmware, backing it up, and then restoring that backup to my iPhone 4. My logic was that this method would have the least chances of anything going wrong.

Although...

If I don't restore a backup, would all my apps and contacts still get synced to the new phone when I first plugged it in?

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I am almost certain I setup my 3GS with a backup from my 2G. Don't think it will be an issue.

Although I know you can't restore from iOS4 to 3GS as I tried that last night.

7. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you restore to pre JB? My last backups are all JB...