Iphone 3GS keyboard dead spots!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cap2587, Apr 1, 2011.

1. cap2587 macrumors regular

I have an Iphone 3GS that has two dead spots on the left side of the keyboard! it is the number 1 and the letter Q on the far left. The phone previously had a white screen and I went ahead and restored it in Itunes to fix this issue. Prior to me doing the restore the keyboard was working fine. Can it still be software? Do I have any choice, but to restore it again? Thanks for any advice on this topic.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try doing a hard reset (Hold home + sleep until the screen goes black and then let go).

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Sound like a hardware issue. If hard reset doesn't fix a problem, then it is a digitizer problem.

4. cap2587 thread starter macrumors regular

The hard reset did not work! I already replaced the LCD and the digitizer, but maybe I did not do it correctly . Would replacing the Digitizer again be the only option. Why would certain spots on the screen be dead and not other's. Would resetting the digitizer again do any good. Would restoring the phone again do any good or are you sure that it is hardware. Appreciate the advice.