iPhone 3GS Lag Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by smith14, Feb 14, 2010.

1. smith14 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2 month old iPhone 3GS which is jailbroken. Recently, i have noticed laggy and sluggish animations when opening/closing an app which i am pretty sure didn't exist when i first jailbroke my phone.

Thinking that it might have been an app which i recently installed which caused the issue, I went around to uninstall any recent apps to see if the lag would go away. However, the issue still persisted and i decided to remove any Cydia app that uses MobileSubstrate. To my suprise, the lag still persisted even though i have Winterboard, SBSettings, Iconoclasm, etc removed.

The memory i have is at a consistent 130-150mb, and even then, the animations are laggy. I have also tried uninstalling every single app store app, but it is still laggy.

I would restore the phone if I could, but I really do not want to lose my jailbreak as it seems that any restore done now would automatically update the firmware to 3.1.3.

Any idea what could be causing the lag?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you have your SHSH's saved thru cydia you could restore to 3.1.2 and rejailbreak.