iphone 3GS - LOCKED SIM message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bzmomofthree, Aug 26, 2010.

1. bzmomofthree macrumors newbie

Hello.
    This morning my 2-yr old was touching my iphone and when I took it away, it says LOCKED SIM and wants me to enter a pin !!!
    I tried twice and failed. I have only one last attempt left it says..I don't know what happens then and don't want to find out --;
    Is it possible for her to have set the pin for the SIM card?? Because then I have NO idea what numbers she could have pressed.

But I had my phone locked all the time so she couldn't have gotten through my phone passcode. So I don't know how she could have set the SIM pin...

So now, nobody can get through to me because my phone is not getting any calls. I am able to access evertyhing else - mail, internet, contacts...

So how can I unlock the sim card??
    I am in Taiwan right now so I have language barrier with the support group here...PLEASE HELP !!!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Whats your wireless carrier?
    You will have to contact them to unlock your sim or on AT&T you can log in online to your account and unlock the sim.

3. bzmomofthree thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in Taiwan so the carrier is ZhongHwa Telecom.
    And I don't speak Mandarin so I guess I'll have to get someone who can help me talk to the carrier.
    Hope the carrier can help.
    Thanks for the info!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, they should take care of it for you.
    Good luck bro.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

There may be a PUK (unblocking key) printed on the SIM card (ie. the card that the SIM itself came in). This can be used to override the SIM PIN. If it's not there, you'll need to find someone to help you contact the operator.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

As a LAST resort if all else fails you can restore it in DFU mode.

Here is apple's answer for unblocking a sim pin before trying anything else:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1316