Iphone 3gs losing wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by riveting, Nov 24, 2011.

1. riveting macrumors 6502

My iphone 3gs have a problem that once the wifi signal lost, goes weak or the phone is idle for a few mintues. It is not connect to the wifi anymore. I had to manually go to "setting"=> "wifi" and find the network and connect it every time I need to use wifi.

I don't know why it does not automatically join in wifi and stay there. It is very annoying, I won't be able to receive imessage unless I went to wifi setting to connect it again. I almost want to switch to an Android phone because of this. My phone is just jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1, could jailbroken has anything to do with it?

2. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Switch to android just because your phone is broken? Why not get it replaced instead so you don't have to live with that annoying wifi-thingy.

Anyways, have you tried going into the network you are connected too in the wifi settings and then push "remember this network" or does it say "forget this network" ?

Have you enabled or disabled "ask to join networks" ?

3. riveting thread starter macrumors 6502

I enabled "ask to join networks", I went into the network, it says "forget this network". It is not under warranty, so I won't be able to replace it. The wifi is working fine otherwise, it just not automatically join in as what I expected.