iPhone 3gs low call volume

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gstevie, Jul 12, 2009.

1. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Hi guys, all of a sudden my 3gs has become really quite during calls, music and ringtones are loud but the volume from calls is almost unhearable! It's seemed to have happened since I connected it up to a Bluetooth speaker in my car. Iv tried pressing the volume up button on the side but that dosent seem to make things better! Any ideas, ohh I also tried hard restarting it.

Thanks

2. wfm100 macrumors newbie

Call Volume on Bluetooth Speaker

I just got a Jabra SP700 car speaker and, initially, had a problem adjusting the volume using the iPhone volume buttons. It turns out that the Jabra speaker has it's own volume buttons on the right side of the speaker. They operate independently from the iPhone volume buttons.

Once I discovered this I've been very satisified with both my iPhone 3GS and my Jabra SP700 speaker.

3. gstevie thread starter macrumors 6502

gstevie

Thanks for the reply wfm100, I just decided to take it into the O2 shop today when I was at work and she just swapped it over there and then for a shiny new one! - has asked me to take my old box back in tomorrow as she needs it to go with the phone, quite decent of her, said she only done it as I worked in the same shopping centre!

4. loiosh macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue... no apparent reason. I've tried adjusting the in-call volume, tried resetting the phone... no dice. anybody have any suggestions that might imply software? or do I have to do a hardware swap?

5. gstevie thread starter macrumors 6502

gstevie

I would say u have nothing to lose by taking it back and asking for a new one. If it's within 28 days I believe they have to do a straight swap if anything like this happens, they can't send it for repair! Well on my o2 reciept it says "returned with in 28 days faulty".

Hope u have some gd luck, let me know how u get on! - ohh remember to take ur box and bits with you or u will need to make a 2nd trip!

6. UnholyCow macrumors newbie

Call volume suddenly low but speakerphone OK. My facepalm solution.

I had put on a screen protector that wasn't designed for the iPhone 3G and it was covering the ear speaker. I was looking online for a solution when I just figured this out, so I thought I should leave a post here for anyone else as stupid as me.

7. Jendesign macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this post. I was going crazy trying to figure our why my call volume was low but everything else was fine. I was stupid enough to put the wrong cover on too. Thanks again.

8. paul.coman macrumors newbie

Exact same issue - this fixed it

I connected my iPhone to my bluetooth speaker to listen to music. After disconnecting (although it seems not immediately after, i'm not sure), my call volume got really low and hard to hear.

Tried a bunch of stuff, didn't work. What did work is this: reconnected to the bluetooth speaker, played some music and MAXED OUT THE VOLUME and disconnected it from bluetooth with the volume to the max.

It worked... try it!