iPhone 3Gs melted abroad

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by muffindoodles, Jul 30, 2010.

1. muffindoodles macrumors newbie

I am just recently back from Greece this summer and I took my iPhone for the first time abroad! Previous years I had taken my iPod touch so therefore I knew to always keep it in the shade! This year was no different with my phone, if anything I was more aware of the heat. The iPhone sat wrapped in a clean, dry towel for not even ten minutes and when I went to lift it to take it inside I noticed it was too hot to even touch causing me to burn my hand slightly. I had to take it indoors still wrapped in the towels and let it cool on a hard surface when I noticed a number of indents along the bottom and a crack appearing where the charger would be inserted. The crack worsened making its way down to the screws of the casing. I kept it out the sun for the rest of the week, hardly using it until I went to bed. I don't know if this means anything but the whole time I was away the temperature over there never reached anything above 34 degrees Celsius. Now when I even slightly touch my phone screen every now and then it vibrates and it goes from silent to vibrate continually from the switch on the side without touching the switch.
    Was curious as to whether anyone knows of this happening to others in the past and if I would get a replacement off Apple without having to pay. :confused:

I have pictures available to look at!

2. 1 Cor. 15:26 macrumors member

Is she ok?

3. muffindoodles thread starter macrumors newbie

4. 1 Cor. 15:26 macrumors member

My God, the robot uprising has begun! Can a phone be charged for murder?