iPhone 3GS Message Tone Repeating

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrPresident, Nov 9, 2011.

1. MrPresident macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've had a problem with my 3GS since updating to iOS5. Every time I receive an SMS/iMessage message the chime ringtone repeatedly plays. The end result is some thing which sounds like "tri-tri-tri-tri-tri-tring-tring-tring" as if it is playing the sound again and again.

So far I have tried to restore from a backup, restore as new and changed the ringtone but none of these solutions solved the problem. This error has only come about since updating to the newest version of iOS.

On a similar, possibly unrelated note, the vibration in the phone has developed a problem where it sounds as if the vibration motor is failing. The phone vibrates as normal but occasionally sounds like you'd image an electric shock to sound, it cracks and crackles. This has developed separate from the above problem and I don't suspect one has brought on another.

If any one is aware of a fix or has the same problem, please post.

Thanks.

2. Coley macrumors member

I replied to a thread about this not long ago. My phone has been doing this and a few other things since updating to ios 5 and some people have found their 4 and 4s's doing this. It appears to be a software issue that people feel will most likely be resolved in an update.

3. abhinavchugh macrumors newbie

same problem

I am getting the same problem. Did u find the solution

4. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

That's the simple thing to solve :)

1. HOLD HOME and POWER buttons for 12 seconds.
    2. Release both buttons.

It will soft reset the iPhone, no data loss.

Problem solved for a while :)

(because it may happen again some weeks later and you'll have to repeat the process).