iPhone 3GS microphone not working...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iHarrison, Jun 20, 2009.

1. iHarrison macrumors regular

iHarrison

I JUST got my iPhone 3GS on launch day and had made a few calls on it before and everything worked great. But, just tonight I was calling my girlfriend and she couldn't hear anything I was saying...assuming it was just my phone reception or hers, I tried back again and the same thing...I then called my mom's phone which was in the house and tested it with her and she told me the same thing...no voice...

I can hear the person I'm calling or the person calling me...but they cannot hear me...

Anyone else with the 3G S having this issue? If so, is there something to do to reset or fix it? If no one has experienced this, will I need a new phone?

I have an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar in town tomorrow so I will get this resolved one way or the other...just looking to see if anyone knows anything about this issue?

Thanks!
    iHarrison

2. Corman420 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Got mine today and it justt didn't work. So I have to go n tomorrow and get a new one. Apparently there are a few phones that are duds - maybe a recall? Who knows.

Best way to test it is try the voice recording app

3. Corman420 macrumors newbie

Well, we're not the only ones. Just got off the phone with Rogers and apparently there are a few duds out there. The guy I was talking to said I wasn't his first call about a bad microphone...

4. elopedthought macrumors newbie

same problem here, the first few calls worked fine, first videos also recorded sound...now (3 hours after buying!!!!) the built-in mic doesn't seem to work anymore!
    though it works fine with the headset (wired&bluetooth)!

5. Maccabi macrumors newbie

yup! same problem, and i am trying to take it back but they seem to be out of stock everywhere!!!
    ARGHHHHH.
    Its a major flaw, my mic either cuts out or it sounds like there is major interference.