iPhone 3GS Multiple Problems!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bauerhockey911, Mar 28, 2012.

1. bauerhockey911 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to the forum here, and I didn't introduce myself yet(Sorry) I'm 14 and I have a cheapo dad that won't bring me to the Apple Store to try and fix this problem. So about last night, I started experiencing the White Screen(Of Death?) At approximately 3AM, I layed over my iPhone and it was extremely hot. I tried to turn it on, but it was so hot i just took it off the charger, and went downstairs and put it in my fridge(not my freezer.) When i got home from school, I went to check on it and it would still not turn on. I've heard that putting it in DFU Mode would help and Shift+Restore would do the trick. The problem is that it won't even show up in iTunes, it doesn't connect or anything. So I'm asking this well known forum my cousin suggested. Is there anything I can do to repair it? Please let me know ASAP!

Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It probably cooked itself to death. There isn't much that can be done for it. I suggest plugging it in to charge and checking on it often for signs of heat. If it gets hot again without turning on, it's dead. If it turns on or shows any signs of life, it may be savable.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    You might also post the question in the iPhone tips, help and troubleshooting forum.

This is the iPad forum.